My best friend who kept encouraging me throughout this entire school year tried to cheer me up with "it's better to die trying than to not try at all." It was appreciated, however I was still mortified and was willing to give in to defeat. I tried reading some Bible verses to encourage me, "The troubles of my heart have enlarged; Oh, bring me out of my distress!" Psalm 28:17, "Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid ... for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6, "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God." Philippians 4:6.
(I just got this text from Cally while writing up this post, "Your love is stronger than death, forever is the same! 'Lord you are willing to die for me everyday! [There is] Nothing you will not help me [with]; Nothing you will not bear for me!" SO encouraging. And at the right time too! Thank you Cally for your texts of encouragement to sisters :D)
During my last week's Physics of Nature lecture, my professor said something about statistical mechanics and the Second Law of Thermodynamics that stuck with me this week--he said, "nothing is impossible, just statistically rare and extremely hard to do." It reminded me of the verse, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Mathew 19:26
Ah, I felt and feel so encouraged right now. It is true, God is always encouraging us--doesn't want us to give up. He is with us, we can feel safe with Him because God has the power to do the impossible. He won't ever give us something that we can't handle--even though it may feel like too much for us, or that we aren't ready for the next 'stage', He knows we are and is preparing us for every struggle that He knows we will face.
I may be melodramatic here--I'm just talking about four measly assignments for goodness' sakes! But these small battles, when won, is essential to help to build us up in our character, our habits and if we can see God in the small things like this--then our spiritual life as well. See, if I can handle this then I can surely handle something bigger. A piece of cake! (A yummy, yummy, delicious..'nomnomnom', cake)
And that, my dearest sisters--is very encouraging. :)
With love and encouragement,
-Kay


0 Responses:
Post a Comment