Re-unifying my Family in Christ (Introduction)

"And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, til we all come to the unity of the faith and the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness by which they lie in wait to deceive, but speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head--Christ--from whom the whole body joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love." -Ephesians 4:11-16
This is a passage I wanted to share. I'll share about it later on Tuesday in detail, but for now I'll leave you with this (I have to study for an exam happening tomorrow night). I've emphasized some parts that I mainly want to talk about (above and on Tuesday). 

For now, an update on what's been going on in my little world lately as I've been missing and inconsistent with my appearances. Where have you been, Kay? Besides being occupied by school work, I'm currently in the process of trying to get my family back together. My family situation compared to others, may seem minuscule and probably not as big as a deal (and it shouldn't be). Although I had felt this sharing was more appropriate for fellowship, I'm going to try and update my feelings on what I think took a decade to slowly diminish. Before I get to that, let me point out that I've never shared my testimony before to anyone at anytime. My side of the testimony is completely absent if not to say also a part of my dad's. 

I say my dad and my testimony whenever I would start off describing it but I would never get to the point of actually telling the whole story of how the majority of my family actually came to be saved. I don't know the whole story itself, I was fairly young--only in grade 2 when I first stepped foot onto the Sweet Daily Home location (it was called that back then). To think I was only but a child, innocent, a little stupid, bad coordination... etc., could actually affect my family the most when they first believed. My dad was the first to believe in God and baptized in our family--but didn't go to church for nearly 20 years when his parents finally immigrated to Canada. He was only 16 years old. Then the voice of his 8 year old daughter two decades later, piped the question, "daddy, where do we go when we die?" 

Introducing his family to God, a God that he neglected for over two decades, took struggle. Many of which my Christian friends would also be able to relate. My brother, who is blessed to be already born into a Christian household with good teachings and strong foundations, doesn't have to suffer through the ordeal like some others who struggle to maintain their Christian belief while living under the same roof of a family who doesn't (but he does empathize, even at his age is very understanding of their situation). 

Family is very close to us and is a core of our values in both society and individuals. It's important to understand our role in our family as not only the obedient daughter or good sister. In Ephesians 6:4, "...fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord." But to this day not everyone's family is Christian and that leaves some sisters the only ones in their family struggling to oppose against their family's non-Christian beliefs. The Bible tells us that when we "believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, you will be saved, you and your household." (Acts 16:31) It may take years sometimes even a decade, as it did for my family to bring one of my grandparents to Christ, but during those years my dad never stopped praying for them. I remember clearly it took quite a while for my mom to really be comfortable and open to the gospel and truly accept it later on. The prayers my dad prayed with me during those nights were earnest and through faith I believe God had already worked up a plan to slowly bring my mom and eventually my grandparents and aunts to believe. 

My dad didn't just sit there and pray, he took action and made efforts to bring his family to God and currently still is (he has an older and younger brother). My mom after she believed in God made the same efforts as well. There is still a lot of close family members on both my parents' side that they wish to continue to preach to and even to this day, I can still see them making these very efforts. Although both my parents are already saved, it doesn't mean that I can't continue to pray for steady spiritual strength. There will always be trials in a family, Christian or not, and this is quite evident with churches as well. This is why I feel like I need to continue to pray for my family's unity. If a family in God is not united, not only will we individually be more susceptible to attacks from Satan but how can we work together to bring our other close family members to Him?

My dearest sisters, do not feel defeated! Your family needs you more than ever. Do not feel alone in your household if you are the only one who is Christian. He is with us always and will help you guide your loved ones to church. If your family believes in God already, may you continue to help keep it spiritually sound, bringing revival and keeping it in the high places.

And if you're done writing your exams/school is already out for you... I'll have what you're having, please. "Holiday". 

xoxo,
Kay

Penulis : Kay L. ~ Sebuah blog yang menyediakan berbagai macam informasi

Artikel Re-unifying my Family in Christ (Introduction) ini dipublish oleh Kay L. pada hari Sunday, December 19, 2010. Semoga artikel ini dapat bermanfaat.Terimakasih atas kunjungan Anda silahkan tinggalkan komentar.sudah ada 2 komentar: di postingan Re-unifying my Family in Christ (Introduction)
 

2 Responses:

jennt said... | December 22, 2010 at 6:51 AM

hey kay! I remember your testimony :) it's so amazing how it all began, it was really God's plan.

even though I wasn't born into a Christian household, your testimony encourage me to never give up. I need to also be consistent in my prayers for my family, regardless of how hard sometimes it is to talk/share the gospel to them... i believe that the Lord will greatly use all of us, let's continue in prayers

sometimes we wonder why Jesus hasn't come yet, but i know He's still waiting for more to be saved. We have such a significant value in where He has placed us :)

thanks kay for sharing !

berrie said... | March 4, 2011 at 8:52 PM

Hehe.. a LATE reply as to what I read... I was really encouraged by your testimony! I wasn't borned into a Christian family either, but my mom did believe in Christ first, which brought me into it too. But only FULLY immersed into Christ after the Eva's family brought me into our church. was gonna say Lau family.. but you are also a Lau.. LOL.. He truly has a plan for all of us. I will continue to pray for my family, although it seems REALLY hard, but I will go through it!

Thanks for the sharing, Kay!~