I never take quite much thought into this with my going abouts my daily life, school, eating, or hanging out with friends. Over time, my everyday actions turn into mundane routines often glazing over my conscious-living and makes living a sub-conscious thing. But when reminded of this truth that yes, He is coming soon, the first thing that I ask is not will I be left behind? but what about those who are left behind? I think of my family and friends that I never got to preach the gospel to or thought there might be plenty of time for them to believe in God after they're done with school or settle down into their lives. I think of the book of Revelations (as Jackie had spoken a bit about during Sunday message)--and then I somehow think of the movie series directed by Vic Saran... err...
Recalling a sharing Jessie shared about many, many, many... I don't know, it was a while ago, she shared about how she would take a box and fill it with messages, Bibles, scriptures and verses of truth in there along with a letter written to her mom & dad saying where she went telling them not to worry if the rapture was to take place before her parents believed in God. (That sharing was a long time ago, sorry if I mistaken some parts of it wrong). So I began to think that maybe I should make a box as well. It felt rather depressing to think about after a while, as if I was writing up my own will and testament, so I eventually stopped with that & never got to finishing up (or even start) leaving behind memos for friends and family.
There's always hope that one day I won't have to leave them these memos, and that they can all come up to Heaven with me together at the same time. Then I drift off to daydream about when I get to Heaven on that one glorious day that we would stand around at the gates waiting for it to open--I pictured it to be like the first day of University... people would get to class about half an hour early just because we're all paranoid freshmen. We stand around making small talk with each other, someone comes up to me and asks "where were you when you were being raptured?". And when I would get around to that, I daydreamed that I had something inspirational to say such as, "I was deep in prayer" or "serving the hungry"--but of course, the best of my comedic side would get to me and I imagined myself saying "I swear I was taking a poop about a minute ago..."
But anyways...
Ahem.
Being a practical joke or not (maybe this cult is actually being very serious about this) it gets people thinking--or me at least. Maybe that was their intention for this whole stirring of crazies in the first place, to get people thinking (???). I hope we can continue to live our lives to the fullest--it doesn't mean let's all be extremists and do crazy amazing awesome stuff every minute of our day. Recall in the Bible that even Jesus took his last few moments with his disciples sitting quietly in prayer before He was arrested. He could've during the last few moments, been performing some sort of amazing miracle so the entire crowd would follow him as he was being dragged away by soldiers and pleading for his innocence--but instead, He was taken away at no one's protest (except his disciples, they seemed pretty eager to chop off some ears).
Sometimes during my day, when I get bored and I complain that there's nothing to do, I sit in front of my netbook, brain dead as I watch countless hours of TV series...
So this whole May 21st thing has really brought me back to my attention. So for this Summer, my goal is to be more productive. If I am bored, read the Bible, or clean the house, help around, be a better student so I can be a better testimony, or even just reconnect with friends again to see what I can do as a friend to help another in need. During my last moments, even if I wasn't doing any particularly heroic or memorable (or even heavens forbid, I really would be taking a poop) that my work here on Earth as a whole would be productive and worth smiling about.
Now, I'm tired from waking up so early for morning classes for the past few days. Going to sleep now.
With love..
On K...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

2 Responses:
you know what, i didn't even know about this may 21 thing being an apocalypse lol, but yea reading ur post made me also think, it possibly could have been a way to remind us again how we are living our lives and if it was with purpose.
i'm glad through all this, it re-motivated you to come up with a goal for the summer :)
good job kay!
we should always treasure our journey on this earth because it's on this earth we can really go through things (well tough things with the Lord) we can glorify Him and cowork with Him :)
when we get to heaven, will we look back and remember all the wonderful memories (albeit tough/rough, good/sweet) was our journey of life on earth lived with meaning, did we live a life worth living hehhe
good stuff kay lol, made me think too hahha =)
thanks Jennt :)
I hope it was as half-thought provoking for you as it was for me. Summer goals are always so awesome since summer is such a small time frame, but if you manage to do it right the entire summer, it'll last on throughout the year to life.
P.s. lol Anna actually thought for a sec that I believed in the apocalypse happening on the 21st--no I didn't. I just thought it was brain-imploding-worthy.
Post a Comment