Resolutions are meant to be simple accomplish-able ones like, paint the living room, finish reading a book or (if losing weight was easy), lose weight be healthy, be fit. Spiritual resolutions are far from simple. I thought of it near the end of the year, how can I grow spiritually? How can I at least feel like I've grown?
I made this resolution two years ago alongside with the Sweet Daily Living practices and my anchor points in the day. It seemed to go pretty well for a week or two, then it would start to slip. As my daily regular routine of going to school, hanging out with friends and family issues continued on, my goal was far from reached. I was, let's say, uncommitted. I made the mistake of not figuring out how to include this new practice into my already air-tight routine.
At the start of my school year, my first year of University, I became so overly excited about my new studying habits that I completely forgot to include spiritual tidbits into my day. Winter semester is starting soon on the 10th, so hopefully before then I'll have a new and improved game plan for my year.
One thing I've always tried to do was to read the entire bible in a year, so I picked up a yearly calendar from my mom's church that includes a bible reading plan per day at a pace where it can be humanly possible for me to do that goal and my school readings as well (I'm taking a literature course where the reading is extensive and tiring! It's practically a work-out for your brain!)
So anyways, besides the calendar bible reading plan, that's literally all I have set out for this year (you can tell I don't make resolutions often). However, I can't forget God. With Him, I know that all things are possible. I must continue to rely on Him and know that He knows what's best for me (had to read that sentence twice over.. 'knows that He knows, that I know, that you know' lol).
May this year not only be a start of something new but a build-up to something stronger, something better, something amazing!
With love,
-Kay.

1 Responses:
you can do it kay! i'm glad you began thinking about a goal for this year.
i'm the same as you, after awhile the goals kinda fades... maybe after 1 month... but this year i want it to be different.
no matter if we are able to fully accomplish our goals within the year, as long as we set one out to fulfill, like you said, having a goal makes the year more meaningful, less empty. :)
all it takes for a change is for us to take a step, doesn't matter how small or big :)
i support you kay! i couldn't finish the reading bible plan last year, was past 6 months behind haha... i should try again this year, just continue or something
Post a Comment