New School-Year Resolutions (yes, that exists)

Sitting in Robarts Library.. chilling. So I figured I write a little bloggity post. As I was figuring out ways I can organize my time more wisely with school, spending time with brothers and sisters, reading bible, etc. to prepare myself for the next term and the future of University life, I decided to use my handy-dandy.. agenda (notebook. hehe.) Before I ramble on, I have to say that I absolutely love my agenda and would definitely not mind paying the $12.99 for it because it is just so worth it. Anyways...


Firstly, I decided to not make studying plans on Sunday (morning and afternoon) and to just devote the Sunday to the Lord. Usually what happens during the school year is that I'll start showing up less often on Sundays because I have to study, or work on an assignment, or do research, etc., etc. Remembering Cally's message on Sunday--I cannot compromise between the world and the Lord like the church of Smyrna. There simply should not be two masters! (But of course, whatever time I have left on Sundays, I'll put to use on school).

What that said, I'll need to organize my studying habits a bit better in order to not have anything left to do on Sunday--that means, Friday and Saturday will be my full-day work day and I'll also have to balance out the work load throughout the week as well. I'll try to make my school schedule lighter by putting all my classes in the morning so I have plenty of time afterwards in the evening to study & possibly go to Friday night cell groups instead of worrying about my next class. I dislike evening classes soooo much with burning passion.

Secondly, I really want to try make it a goal to have lunch with a sister during the school year at least once every other week to catch up, talk, pray, chill out, eat food and have some sort of sanity anchor within my school week. It's always soothing to see a familiar face in a midst of chaos.

Thirdly (is that a word?), I will set time aside at least every day or every other day to pray for weekly things for brothers and sisters. I notice that I tend to just pray for brothers and sisters according to the monthly prayers and announcements we get but throughout that month there are small things that happen that also need prayers for as well. With that noted, I will try my best to ask brothers and sisters what it is that they need prayer for during that week. I've also started to write these things down in point form in my agenda on the Sunday section which will only be reserved for God's family. Hehehe!

So anyways, why the sudden New School Year resolutions? I have found that my studying habits are poorly disciplined compared to my classmates and friends. Over the years, I have tried to balance the two lives of spiritual life and school life but never made complete accomplishment. You know those see-saws in park playgrounds? Well, you know the axle in the middle of the see-saw that the lever is balanced on and it goes back and forth? Okay so, I need an axle in my life. I need to have something that will support my daily goings abouts, I cannot try to balance it like a two piles of plates on each hand but instead they should be balanced on the same thing.

This thing that I refer to is of course, God's will. Each of my hands have their own will--left hand vs. the right hand. By putting my studying into God's hands and my spiritual life into his Hands... it just makes sense! Everything is in His hands and He will support it for me. The basis of my living should be in God's truth and not of my own that I make up over the years to try and accommodate both lives. By being well disciplined in spiritual truths, I hope that I can also learn to discipline myself in studying hard as well. I want to study hard for the Lord and let Him use me in this generation as opposed to studying hard for my own desires.

SO yep.. that's basically it for my New School-Year resolutions. I really hope I can keep these, I feel the threat of the Fall session creeping up behind me.. or in front of me, whatever makes sense.

Love,
-Kay

Penulis : Kay L. ~ Sebuah blog yang menyediakan berbagai macam informasi

Artikel New School-Year Resolutions (yes, that exists) ini dipublish oleh Kay L. pada hari Tuesday, June 21, 2011. Semoga artikel ini dapat bermanfaat.Terimakasih atas kunjungan Anda silahkan tinggalkan komentar.sudah ada 2 komentar: di postingan New School-Year Resolutions (yes, that exists)
 

2 Responses:

jennt said... | June 22, 2011 at 6:59 AM

nice kay! i support you!
you sound so very organized =D i need a handy-dandy notebook like yours :P
i'm sure if you keep up with the study day for the Lord on sunday, you can actually influence some of the other bro/sis to do the same haha :D

Kay L. said... | June 23, 2011 at 5:27 PM

No, no, Sunday is not study day lol