Today I got a message on Facebook from a classmate of mine, who I don't usually talk to, but we ended up having a conversation that lasted for a while because of the fact that we're both Christian. And because of this fact, we were able to encourage each other and understand one another more. I think being Christian is such a great thing to have in common - even though he's Baptist and I'm just ... well, Christian.
It makes it special that we can openly talk about God in such a way, because we're all the children of God. And I feel happy to know that there are also many others who have accepted Him in their lives! It's like because of this, there's a spiritual bond between me and that person. If they have a problem, I can tell them "I'll pray for you!" or "God bless!" and they'll get it immediately. Waaaah, God's love towards us is so powerful and compelling >w<.
And here's one thing that my friend said to me that really stood out to me, "God does works in our lives,". Although we might not acknowledge it, God is with us every moment of the day. I feel like I'm beginning to understand and see this more and more as SDC goes on, since even with kids running around and being busy, I can still find time to have Devotional Team with the sisters. I can still be able to worship, read bible, sing and pray with Him, and really use the precious time that He's given me to go 'deeper into the depths of His heart'.
John 1:10-13
He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.
He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him.
But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:
who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.


1 Responses:
<3 :) so encouraging to hear your sharing!
i will be coming to sdc on fridays! i look forward to being able to join and have devotional time heheh =)
ps. really like that bible verse
Post a Comment