A post of Prayers and experiences.

* Note: This was originally going to be posted on another blog of mine, but I felt that since I had so much to share about God, I might as well share it with the sisters! ... And while I was writing this, I admit I was feeling rather blue and needed a place to vent, since I didn't really know who I could go to. But here it is, and I hope the tenses don't get you all mixed up!

I also might've forgotten to mention a few things because I'm honestly so tired right now, but if anything I shall edit it later!



I've been visiting my church a lot lately, because it's where I volunteer at and where they have this summer day camp program. I'm so blessed because I get to spend time with the brothers and sisters, but somehow... despite all the joy and time spent with the Lord, my life feels a bit empty now that I'm home. I guess it's just the tiredness and the thoughts of everything adding up, that's making me feel this way.

I think the main reason why I feel kind of upset is because not everything is going according to how I want it. Like how I'm not going to have any classes with several people next year, hahah but I guess whatever happens, happens. If God decides that this is what's best for me, then I'll just learn to accept it. But maybe He'll decide to bring me and my friend's closer through some other alternative. But either way, I really pray that my schedule works out, since I have some pretty hardcore courses next year. And if I do decide to switch out of anything, then hopefully my new schedule can be pieced together so that everything will be balanced out.

And I just recently applied at McDonald's and I was told that the manager wasn't going to hire me because my hours aren't flexible D: I really don't know what to do because I want to start working once school starts, but I guess I'll just try one last time before I really decide to give up. I feel like I'm being such a burden since I keep bugging a fellow sister, haha, about the job. Well, I honestly don't need the job too badly, but I want to feel useful. I want to be able to tell people, "I work and spend my own money, not my parents' money,". And again, perhaps everything has been planned out by Him. Perhaps the time I've put to work isn't necessarily as good as I thought it was, or it might interfere into something in my life. But I really feel that... He's guiding me. So I hope the next attempt will be successful, but if it isn't then I'll know that things have been planned out for me. But either way - it's better to have said that I've tried.

Anyways, aside from that, my spiritual life has been pretty moderate. I do feel like I could do better. I really pray that the Lord can reveal Himself to me in times of prayer and worship, so that I know I'm not just talking to a wall or to the air - even though deep in my heart I believe I'm not. It's just a bit disappointing when you try really hard to reach out, but you feel like you're not getting a response back... But today we read this passage, and I felt like it was a good time to go look it over again:
"But Simon answered and said to Him, "Master, we have toiled all night and caught nothing; nevertheless at Your word I will let down the net."
- Luke 5:5 NKJV

Yeah, kind of like how in the Bible, Simon (Jesus's disciple) waited all night to catch some fish, but he didn't get any and was feeling disappointed until Jesus showed up and directed him where to cast his nets. And that's when he was able to catch a great number of fish. So I guess it really shows me that, God won't just put me through trials or tribulations for nothing. It might take time for me to figure out the path on my own, but I should continue to have faith and wait until He steps in to offer His guidance.

And another note, the high school brothers and sisters (and me) are trying to put together a skit for the volunteer dinner on Sunday - you can look up the skit we're gonna do on Youtube, it's called "Lighthouse - Everything Drama" or something along those lines! We're doing a variation of it, and today rehearsals lasted until 8pm. That's why I'm so dead tired, cause I was at church basically for 11 hours the whole day... But again, I give thanks to the Lord that He makes sure everything works out for those who love Him, and I pray that our performance can really affect and move the volunteers, and hopefully be able to help them come closer into believing in Christ.

I really do hope that this year more people are able to come to Sunday meetings after hearing the truths in the volunteer training, and after they hear the bro/sis's testimonies on Friday. No matter how reluctant they are in believing, I know that it wasn't just a coincidence that they ended up at SDC. Since God has a plan for everyone - just like how last year, around this time I've also come to believe in Him. But then that'll be another story, for another day. Once I figure out how I can write my testimony, I shall share it with everyone.

How about a challenge for those here? Write your testimony and share it on the blog so that it can inspire others and help them understand your experiences with God~

Anyways, before I close off..

Lord, it's so precious that You're really the one who holds all authority for us. And how wonderful that, although we're small potatoes in this world, we really have a precious place in Your heart. How amazing that Your understanding towards us is infinite and that in Your eyes, we're really the perfect children of God! I really pray that You can help us remember this identity, and to really live it out each and everyday with You. May You help strengthen our spirits and reveal Yourself to us. Help us understand Your words and have the will to seek You; to pursue You, Oh Lord. May Your words dwell in our hearts, and may Your truth help bring us comfort and guidance through rough times.

Again Lord, it's so precious that you plan out our days accordingly, and you really know what's best for us. Thank you for your sufficient grace and blessings, and thank you for willingly coming down to this earth to be a man for us! May your love always compel us and bring us back to you each day.

And Lord, I believe that you have a special role for all of us and may you really use each one of us greatly, so that we can really help continue your glorious plan! Thank you Lord and Abba for everything that you've done for us. Thank you for bringing us back to you! Amen.

Penulis : Jessica ~ Sebuah blog yang menyediakan berbagai macam informasi

Artikel A post of Prayers and experiences. ini dipublish oleh Jessica pada hari Wednesday, August 10, 2011. Semoga artikel ini dapat bermanfaat.Terimakasih atas kunjungan Anda silahkan tinggalkan komentar.sudah ada 4 komentar: di postingan A post of Prayers and experiences.
 

4 Responses:

jennt said... | August 11, 2011 at 7:14 PM

<333333333333 :) i LOVE your sharing :)

it always encourages me, and reminds me of how wonderful the Lord is! So many truths in your sharings, great reminders too hehe

i'm excited for the skit!!! you guys make me proud :) lol

you'll hear my testimony friday :P hahah

once it's done, i'll post it on here, i'm sure most of you guys know it already anyways lol

keep sharing jessicaa!!! ps. i really really hope you can come to camp with us!! we shall pursue together and rediscover the Lord together!!! <3

Jackie said... | August 12, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Love your sharing! :) THe skit could be going on right now... I hope someone recorded it cus I'm missing it.. :( I treasure your sharings, Jess. :) You're so honest... and your blogs remind me of my journal entries back in High School. :) The Lord is working greatly in you!! Don't let Satan stop you from shining in this world and breaking through the clouds! (hardships/hindrances).

Jessica said... | August 12, 2011 at 9:49 PM

Hehe, I'm so glad that my posts are able to encourage you all! This makes me want to post more hahah.

@Jenpoo: I just hope that the volunteers will be as excited as you are to see the skit (: I know that your testimony, along with all the brothers and sisters have reminded me of how much "God does works in our lives,". It was so touching and if there wasn't so many people, I think I'd break out bawling! I've probably said it a hundred times, but I'm really proud that you guys can stand up there and share something so personal!

@Jackie: don't worry, our skit will be on Sunday! I'll try to make sure someone can record it and have it posted on the sister blog or somewhere accessible @_@

<3 Thanks for your support!

Kay L. said... | August 13, 2011 at 7:51 AM

I love reading your posts!! It's amazing to see, since I first met you last year, that you really have grown spiritually! May you continue to pursue Him, and continue to post on this blog. May we all know more of each other this way, even when we're in school and stressed out--maybe not being able to see brothers and sisters often.

I give thanks we have SDC and not to mention, *a summer* where we can have free time to (not just play) but *pray* with each other lol

Sometimes I feel like I'm out of sync with the high school group but it's so precious knowing that we have strong younger brothers and sisters, like you, who can get to know the volunteers more--and easily connect with them :P

I will be looking forward to this Sunday evening's skit!

And yes, testimony challenge, accepted. >:]