When I think about the relationships with mothers, I think about Jesus's relationship with His earthly mother, Mary. How He loved her to make sure that even when He is gone, He's making sure she is taken care of. He knows and felt the pain that she went through seeing Him on the cross. Anyways, I won't go into detail of what I reflected upon that image, I am in the rush to go out.
But anyways, this post seems more appropriate for Mother's Day actually lol
As I said, I'm in a rush to leave the house. It's mother-daughter day with my mom! We're going shopping. I find that the only time I am ever close with my mom, is when we go shopping. Or is talking about shopping. She gets very excited. Personally, I am not a huge fan of the 'recreation'. Shopping isn't my forte. But when I'm shopping with my mom, I feel a connected bond with her. Yesterday, I found out why.
When my mom was a child, my grandma would take her out to go shopping downtown, mostly at Kensington Market for groceries. When they walk around Spadina, they occasionally went inside stores to look at clothes and fabrics. I know my grandma. She was a very busy woman. She in fact, was the breadwinner of the household. My grandpa didn't earn as much income as she did. Because of that, both my grandparents spent fairly little time with their daughters. All four of them. Not that my grandma didn't like children--she babysat at a part-time job. So whenever my grandma would take my mom out to go shopping, that may have been the only time for them to really bond. Plus, my grandma really likes shopping. As a child who wants her mother's affection, she will most likely adopt the same interest to connect.
Lately, I understand my mom more. I learned that when you understand a person's past more, you can sorta piece out their present state. I see my mom growing old exactly like my grandma one day. This makes me wonder, how will I turn out? Am I looking at my mom's life like a mirror, or am I look at her life a fascinating story I should tell my own pets one day--I mean, kids.
With love,
-Kay.


1 Responses:
Your mom is so lovely in that photo! I wish my mom liked shopping as much as I do... we fight over that but bond over TV lol
Post a Comment