If you know me, I study Architecture at Ryerson. Currently I'm on my fourth, and final year. It is a very intense program. Practically everyone pulls an all nighter at least a few times per semester.
Recently my emotions have gone downhill, even to the point that it becomes in the way of school. I have broken down in tears during class at least twice this semester. Being a person with AS, I struggled to fit in since school, and I would feel very lonely because of the lack of close friendships I have in my life.
But this past week, approaching end-of-semester deadline where the workload is the most intense, I was so down that I couldn't focus on school and turned to the Lord and His truth. It was though I was going through a Paul episode where he was blinded by the Lord's light, not noticing the matters around him. Then I thought to myself: What should I do and treasure in my earthly life before His Second Coming? Will I be spiritually prepared? Will everything I do be meaningless in the future? How will the Lord reveal His heart to me in my life journey on this earth?
I feel so blessed that the Lord has spoken so much to me this week, and that I was able to draw closer to Him more than I could. Although my schedule is pretty packed for the upcoming weeks, I was still able to attend today's meeting and meet loving B/S, because I know that they are God's prepared family. And I do regret that I did not spent enough time with B/S because of my overindependence and social anxieties. And this week the Lord has told me to let go, from the stress and matters of this world, and seek Him.
I know that it gets stressful when you don't have much time to complete deadlines, if you trust the Lord and enjoy His delight, he will help you overcome difficulties in life.
Psalm 37:4- Delight yourself also in the LORD, And He shall give you the desires of your heart
-Karen

2 Responses:
Yay your first sharing on this blog! Please keep updating us. Sometimes I don't get a chance to text you or message or call you to see how you are doing because I'm also busy. But I will try more to do so! You may receive a few more random texts from me soon lol
I really liked that part where you said "What should I do and treasure in my earthly life before His Second Coming? Will I be spiritually prepared?"
It's true, sometimes we can be so sad that we are "blinded" by the things around us and forget about the Lord's grace. We think, "oh why me?" and never consider that there are so much better things waiting for us in heaven. As from the message Cally shared on Sunday, she said "the time we are [on earth] is our training to be Kings [and Queens] in Heaven."
That really encouraged me to stop complaining and take it as it is--the Lord never gives us something that we can never handle! He knows all our strengths and weaknesses.
Hope to hear from you more!
-Kay
Karen! I'm glad that you shared with us your struggles. School and life does get very stressful but one thing that we have to remember is that we have God. With Him all things are possible! Also the Lord goes through all things with us, run back to Him as much as you want for help, comfort and support.
Also I'm glad that you did chose to come on Sunday even if it is for a short while, you have chosen the good part like Mary in the bible. The Lord knows your difficulties and when you choose Him before anything else, He will treasure it and bless you greatly!
Continue to Rejoice!
<3 Doreen
Post a Comment