Karen's Life Journey- The University Years

It's been so long since I've posted something on Blogger. I've been very busy in school. Now everything's settled now that I've officially graduated the program yesterday.

For those of you who have done University/College/etc. You've probably experience something similar.

First of all I feel so thankful that the Lord has put me into East District two years ago, even though I've popped into meetings every now and then before then. I've made very great relationships with sisters (and some brothers?) that I never thought I could share and spend time with before. <3 The Lord really understands my needs for company. But best of all, I've gained spiritually and find the relationship with Abba and the Lord more enjoyable. :)

You see, the years in university isn't always a smooth ride. Throughout the years I've had my ups and downs.
During the first couple years it has been good that I've lived on my own and had good roommates. Though my relationships with them aren't as close as I wanted to, but I still thank the Lord that I was surrounded by nice and caring people.
By third year I've experienced a downturn in life where I've gotten very depressed. I started to become more distant with friends since I've moved back with parents and had a huge load of homework from a disorganized curriculum. I've also been spiritually disobedient at the time. Listening to stuff that I shouldn't be listening to, hurting my own body to ease the pain. Even Christians have their angsty times, but the Lord never gives up because He loves and needs me so much.
During the summer while my job searching didn't succeed, and I was having a difficult time spending time with friends, I joined summer day camp. It was the Lord calling on me to be more closer to Him. Not only did I start experiencing spiritual renewal but I've also felt closer with sisters.
It was during the end of 2011 that I've experienced a turning point in my spiritual life. By fourth year it has been very tough when I felt so unwanted and unimportant to people in my classes. The Lord really saw me distressed and lonely from school and shone a light on me. I truly give thanks that during that time I was able to seek more sisters and be more committed to the Lord. If it wasn't for His glory I would've keep falling and won't be able to overcome personal issues.
I thank the Lord for putting me through and helping me stay alive, both physically and spiritually. (I believe I haven't pulled more than 10 all nighters in the entirety of the program, compared to most other people). Now that school's over I really need to continue to treasure His love and blessings.

It's important to know that no matter what we have to face, if we rely on God for everything and letting Him involve Himself in our (even mundane) lives, then He will surely bless us. Be thankful and treasure whatever blessings He gave you.

Penulis : KC-Ren ~ Sebuah blog yang menyediakan berbagai macam informasi

Artikel Karen's Life Journey- The University Years ini dipublish oleh KC-Ren pada hari Thursday, May 10, 2012. Semoga artikel ini dapat bermanfaat.Terimakasih atas kunjungan Anda silahkan tinggalkan komentar.sudah ada 1Responses: di postingan Karen's Life Journey- The University Years
 

1 Responses:

Kay L. said... | May 11, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Hey Karen! Thanks for sharing. I missed reading your sharings here on the blog. I always enjoy getting to know you more--and I'm glad that you came to East End too! I'm glad to have met you this school year. Despite struggles, I always can see you with a positive mood.

P.S. I gave you your own section called "Karen's Life Journey" because I remember you saying you wanted to start blogging about your spiritual journey. So, next time you post, you can put the label as "Karen's Life Journey" and it will be categorized into that section. You can see full sections on the right hand side.

Take care!