Response to Sunday's Message, &, When Should You End a Friendship?

I was just reading an article online, and it showed a part (just a part, not the entirety of the article) that related similarly to the message last Sunday. Here is an excerpt:
When Jesus’ friend and disciple Peter tried to talk Jesus out of giving His life, Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns” (Matt. 16:23). No one could distract Jesus from God’s agenda, not even His followers.
 When I read this verse, I never understood it in this context. It was a little confusing for me--why did Jesus call Peter 'Satan'? Now, coupling it with last Sunday's message I understand what Jesus was saying to Peter more clearly now.

There was this moment when I just went, "OHHHHH I get it now!" when I read this article. I always enjoy getting a good kick out of things that relate to something else I heard about earlier or recently. I can't ever tell if it is a coincidence or because I'm noticing this one specific thing more so everything that relates to it will stand out more than before. Pretty sure it's the latter.

Click here for the link to the article. It's titled "When Should You End a Friendship?". Although this is irrelevant to my short response to Sunday's message, I think it is important for us to understand the 'toxic' people and habits in our lives. This is especially when we graduate high school.. unfortunately some friendships will break or become more distant, or you will meet new people in University/College. But know that if a friendship starts to wane, it may be in God's plan for you to go from the past and move on; or if you make a new friendship that is dangerous for your spiritual health, know and recognize that you must leave it!

May we treasure our blessings and keep these teachings in our hearts.

-Kay

Penulis : Kay L. ~ Sebuah blog yang menyediakan berbagai macam informasi

Artikel Response to Sunday's Message, &, When Should You End a Friendship? ini dipublish oleh Kay L. pada hari Tuesday, May 8, 2012. Semoga artikel ini dapat bermanfaat.Terimakasih atas kunjungan Anda silahkan tinggalkan komentar.sudah ada 0 komentar: di postingan Response to Sunday's Message, &, When Should You End a Friendship?
 

0 Responses: