Speaking of collision, I was reading Deep Simplicity by John Gribbin (author of The Scientists) the past week. It's a book about physics. That's basically it. The physics course I'm taking doesn't deal with calculations, instead it's all about the theories and philosophies of physics. The chaos in nature.
"So our story starts with simple things--like colliding pool balls--and ends with the most complex things in the Universe--ourselves. This seems a logical way to tell the tale--after all, it is the way nature built up the world we see around us from the simplest beginnings." -Deep Simplicity, Gribbin.I have to say, nature is a confusing place. Any modern-day hippie can tell you it's where you find tranquility among Mother Nature, a place to relax, unwind and find your "inner self". But HAH! Not it isn't Mr. Modern-Day Hippie. Nature, in terms of science, is confusing. Physics is all about predicting the outcomes of events and to interpret phenomenal things that seem impossible.
"Concepts such as the general theory of relativity and quantum mechanics explained the overall workings of the Universe on a very large and very small scales, respectively, while the discovery if the structure of DNA and the way in which it is copied from generation to generation made life itself, and evolution, seem simple at the molecular level. And yet, the complexity of the world at the human level remained." -Deep Simplicity, Gribbin.But as I read this book, Mr. Gribbin is right. In all the splendor, the galaxies in which physicists try to explain--Newton had come up with explaining the complexity of a gravitational force between two masses with just a simple formula like F=GMm/r²--the level of human beings, is far beyond explanation. Of course, Gribbins wasn't talking about anatomy or biology--if he wasn't a writing a book about physics, he may have even said "spirit".
I have to really give thanks, that I know I hold a special place in God's heart. We are not simple inanimate objects that roam around the Earth in a calculated fashion where our actions, our feelings, can be predicted with a simple formula. My professor showed us pictures to awe us, images of space, galaxies, stars, whatever you can name--the fireworks of deep space. And there we were, a tiny dot in amidst clouds of complexity. Here we are, a tiny dot in dark splendid space. And this space--is all for us.
-Kay.

1 Responses:
Oh my goodness.
I love LOVE LOVE this post!
It's soooo very trueeee! The more I learn about how the universe works, how life works, how anything works, the more I see God's personal love towards us. He created everything for us.
I loved your last few lines oh so very much :). This entire universe is all for us. This infinite, glorious, most magnificent One... is all for us :).
Post a Comment