Well, since I haven't been to 591 in a while I can at least still make it for the message, but I really need to study--my mom's church finishes communion and sermon much earlier which would've given me enough time to go back home and work on stuff... but if I go to 591 now, it'll finish much later--which will only push back the time I've lost by sleeping in, and I'll still have to make up the study time as well! There's really no point in staying for only an hour without seeing brothers and sisters... besides, you're clearly not welcomed.
I found myself slowly getting ready and going through the pros and cons for each scenario. I have to work on 5 papers and catch up on my readings, but I missed church last week and the week before already due to midterms! What should I do? Noticing the accusations, I stopped what I was doing and prayed for strength asking God to help me focus on my priority of my spiritual life in comparison with my school work and give me knowledge of how I could balance it out and not let bad thoughts cloud my judgment. Afterwards, I tried to get out of the house as quickly as I could so there'd be no more chances of turning back (although I did bring my books and netbook with me in my über-heavy bag today which I did successfully do research afterwards in a library on campus since my house is so distracting. Success!)
So I made it today and I was very glad to see my sisters again! There you go; victory for Kay, defeat for distractions. Although these may seem like small and insignificant battles, when you compare it to the one big war we each have to face, the winning moments in a battle like this is what drives you forward to finish it to the end!
Now, I gotta get back to work... err, I mean--this battle. Finals.
With love,
-Kay

3 Responses:
yay kay :) proud of you for fighting against all those accusations. :)
too bad i didn't see you :( cuz i had to leave to do stuff.... hoping next week will be better for me, and then maybe i can see you!
Thanks Jennt I actually saw you leave but you were too far & I wanted to run up & ask you how everything was. Please update when you're ready. May God bless your family :)
Was sooooo happy to see Kaplau :). Oh so very happy. :)
Post a Comment