After when everything was starting to settle a group of b/s and I went to the hospital to visit Peter, pray for him and cast the evil spirits away from his body, soul and spirit. I went home and told my mom, dad, and brother, Jason, what we did and they all seemed very grateful for what we did. Today it gave me an opportunity to pray with my mom in the hospital and confirm her faith in Christ. Although I know there is a lot of things she is confused by about God. Also it has been my life long vision to be able to have the opportunity to preach to my brother Jason because he has always been the "black sheep" of the family. And he is also very good at reasoning and arguing which makes it hard for me because I am terrible compared to him. But through today and my testimony, God really glorified me in front of him and gave me the right words to speak to him that he did not object to anything I said. He was interested in what I did at church on Wednesdays and Sundays. I invited him to come to meeting with me, but at the moment he is not ready to. Also he is confused between Islam and Christianity because Peter had preached to him once, and they prayed together, and now I'm trying to do the same thing. He also has a lot of Muslim friends at work that are good people so he feels that Peter was just an extreme case. I did give Jason 2 spiritual books for him to read and learn more about God. The one is called "More Than a Prophet," I bought this book to learn the differences between Islam and Christianity. The authors are 2 brothers, Ergun and Emir Caner, who were born Muslim, but at a young age they discovered God and became Christians. The other book is "Case for Faith" by Lee Strobel. Jason asked me for books to read by best-selling New York authors and Lee Strobel is one of them :) Please pray that God will reveal Himself to Jason, I have faith that one day he will be sitting next to me in the meeting! (that was a dream that I had one night a long time ago)
Anyways I want to share the bible verses that encouraged me today:
Psalm 22: 21, 22, 24
21 "... You have answered Me."
22 " I will declare your name to My brethren;
In the midst of the assembly I will praise You."
24 " For He has not despised no abhorred the affliction of the afflicted;
Nor has He hidden His face from Him;
But when He cried to Him, He heard."
This Psalm in particular is talking about Jesus' crucifixion, but I was able to apply this to my day. How precious that God listened to my cry for help and He did not delay His answer to me. And I also had the opportunity to preach to my family and testify His might! The Lord did not ignore my affliction and He was with me the entire time!
Faith on!
-Doreen

1 Responses:
Yay! I'm so encouraged by your sharing, :) you know you belong in this family, when brosis are all working together to pray and support you :) we're an army the enemy does not want to mess with lol especially when our commander is God :) hehe, was glad to help you out sis! I think o felt just ad exhausting as you without having to go through you did , only from you texts and fighting this battle with prayers :p
Do glad God gave you a chance to glorify Him in your family :) He has great plans for you!
Keep shining bright for Him! And know that you family in Christ will always have your back ! :)
Post a Comment