Devalued
Just a short sharing.. it's amazing how the Lord speaks to each one of us. If we keep our eyes and ears open, the Lord will chose the right moment to speak words to us, and in the most unexpected places, as well. Why, just last week while sitting in lecture, my professor said something that really sparked an epiphany. He said, "If we think of Algonquin Park as a place to escape from the city, then we have devalued the city--we have created this 'other', this exotic image of what nature should appear to be, as a pleasant place to go, that we have completely abandoned the idea of transforming our neighbourhood to be just as pleasant a place to be."
I sat in my Perspective of the Environment class stunned in awe at what he said. I thought to myself, this is exactly what I needed to hear! In order to have revival, it is not just going away from something to find something new, but to go back to the old and transform it. Have I devalued what I already had so quickly to the point where I already want something new? Is what I have gained a toy where I have played with it enough where I want a new one? And thus caused me to wander off to search for the 'other'--a place, or something, or someone, that I can escape to?
May we not devalue what we have gained, because what we have gained is so beautiful. Let us transform it together! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 Responses:
Post a Comment