Morning Glory

Happy Valentine's Day! <3 - From the plant in my room


This is a 'morning glory'. I grow this in my room every year. It's a climbing plant that climbs up and twirls itself around some fishing wire I've attached to the ceiling--so it keeps growing up to the ceiling until winter; it creates this curtain of flowers. It's messy to clean up every winter when it dies. The vines are all over the place, the leaves get crushed and goes all over my room, the dried up flowers fall and litter my floor, and I eventually end up getting soil all over my desk. So my friend asked me, why do I still grow this in my room at the end of every winter?

Well, I explained to her, that morning glories are a special kind of plant. It blooms a new flower every single day, in the morning. When the flower closes and fades in the evening, it starts to grow seeds where it bloomed. 

Still, she didn't see the appeal. So I explained again from a spiritual perspective. This plant, reminds me of the Lord's love. Every morning He gives me flowers. The vines are like the Lord's encouragement to me, He tells me to keep climbing! Even when the plant reaches the ceiling, it keeps growing, it doesn't stop--the Lord has so much planned for us, it seems limitless. Sometimes when I trim the plant by cutting the vines, more vines will grow up to replace where I've cut. Never give up, even when you've been 'cut down'. The plant is very tall when it reaches up to the ceiling which means I have to give it lots of water for the water to reach up there--this reminds me to be rooted in His love, to drink His blessings, fight 'gravity' to bring it throughout my entire life, to reach every 'leaf'.

She then looked troubled and said that being a morning glory must be a really horrible life (if morning glories had personalities). She explained, every day you labor to produce flowers, only to have the flowers wither away at the end of the day and for your entire self to wither away at the end of the year. Labor until death. 

And so I replied to comfort her, at the end of the day when the flower withers away, the stem in which the flower bloomed from still remains attached to the plant. From there, seeds are produced in the bud. At the end of the season when all the seeds have been collected, more morning glory plants can be planted at 20x the original amount! I said, the Lord will never forget your labors and toils and you will be rewarded for it. Your labor will never be in vain! 

 

So she found peace in this plant, just as I have. I love receiving flowers from the Lord through this plant, especially during the winter time. Knowing God is in the Small Things is really encouraging! You don't have to look too big or too far, He will always find a way to tell you He loves you. So, I thought I would share this with you! Hope to lift some February Blues.

Respond in the comments below:
What kind of 'small' daily blessings do you find yourself receiving from the Lord?

Penulis : Kay L. ~ Sebuah blog yang menyediakan berbagai macam informasi

Artikel Morning Glory ini dipublish oleh Kay L. pada hari Monday, February 13, 2012. Semoga artikel ini dapat bermanfaat.Terimakasih atas kunjungan Anda silahkan tinggalkan komentar.sudah ada 0 komentar: di postingan Morning Glory
 

0 Responses: