Valentine's Day in the eyes of the Lord

Yes, it's that time of year where lalala... love is in the air. A day to celebrate with loved ones, and for some, a day to cringe about how unfair life is.

Actually, the truth behind Valentine's day is quite heartbreaking. It is dedicated to a saint who was martyred for bringing Christians to marry. It reminds us about the Christians who have been persecuted for glory the Lord, just like how He was persecuted that we may glorify Him. It's so precious that today we could celebrate because the Lord is with us, from now until eternity.

So yesterday I bought three roses (before I realized the school's selling roses at a better deal) and put them in my living room. Then I remembered and thought about the Lord's love for me. I imagined what it would be like to have a Valentine's Day conversation with Him.
I say. "Beloved, these roses are truly beautiful."
He says "Darling, not only have I given to you, but I created them to remind you of how beautiful and precious you are in My heart, and that nothing should take away your beauty."

It's so amazing that God speaks to us by the things He created on Earth. How precious that the rose is so wonderfully made. Its thorns help protect the rose from being touched and damaged by animals.

And a quote from Songs of Solomon to keep the love flowing.

Shulamite: I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys.
Beloved: Like a lily among thorns, so is my love among the daughters.
- Songs of Solomon 2:1-2

So if you're that kind of person who gets jealous on that day, think about how much the Lord desires you. Jealousy will only make your heart harden and you'll be missing out on so much love He intended to offer. So, enjoy the rest of your day, or rather, eternity, in the love of the Beloved.

-Karen

Penulis : KC-Ren ~ Sebuah blog yang menyediakan berbagai macam informasi

Artikel Valentine's Day in the eyes of the Lord ini dipublish oleh KC-Ren pada hari Tuesday, February 14, 2012. Semoga artikel ini dapat bermanfaat.Terimakasih atas kunjungan Anda silahkan tinggalkan komentar.sudah ada 0 komentar: di postingan Valentine's Day in the eyes of the Lord
 

0 Responses: