Oranges are structured objects...

I was just going through the posts doing my routinely maintenance on the site and noticed a lot of unpublished drafts here. I found one that was mine! So here it is, published--a couple months later.



Write a two page report on how oranges can exist...


Seems like an easy question with a fairly simply answer, right? Wrong. I'm sitting here staring at my paper--how can I explain how oranges.. exist? If this was my Philosophy class, there'd be plenty of arguments from, "is the orange actually what we think it is?" to "how do we know that we exist and the oranges in fact do not and vice versa?"

Of course, I've been conjuring up some answers for the past hour trying to figure out how oranges exist, not why. But no, this is not a Philosophy course--it's a Physics course. How do oranges exist? I'm tempted to scream at my paper, "because they just do! Don't ask questions that don't need answering!"

(I'm actually on the brink of an epiphany of how oranges exist using the Laws of Thermodynamics... in other words: Wikipedia.)

People, like physicists, mathematicians, and philosophers--oh, especially philosophers--ask a lot of questions about this Universe. This universe, is definitely something worth wanting to learn more about. Look at all the intricate details and exciting new frontiers (no, I am not going to start quoting from Star Trek) that science has founded--and still is continuing to do! Without human curiosity, we would follow blindly and not want to know how awesome and complicated nature is and yet because of curiosity, we want to ask more questions and want more knowledge. We ask and ask until there is absolutely no approximated answer to fulfill this desire to know more so we are left unsatisfied.

I remember a song written by a band called Switchfoot (or was it the New Radicals?) performed by Mandy Moore in the movie A Walk to Remember, the song is titled Someday We'll Know, and one part of the lyrics says: "If I could ask God just one question/Why aren't you here with me tonight? ... Someday we'll know ..." and the rest of the song continued to be a rather cheesy pattern of cliché song rhymes and metaphors/analogies. But anyways--yes, it's true. Someday we'll know.

There are just those questions that we may encounter in life that really is, just meant not to be answered and perhaps to be asked later to someone who most definitely knows the why's, who's, when's, what's, and how's--that someone is our Creator; our Abba.

Give thanks, our Abba really prepare this all for us so we can know His heart!

With love,
Kay.

P.s. Oranges can exist so we can eat them! Nomnomnom.



Penulis : Kay L. ~ Sebuah blog yang menyediakan berbagai macam informasi

Artikel Oranges are structured objects... ini dipublish oleh Kay L. pada hari Monday, August 1, 2011. Semoga artikel ini dapat bermanfaat.Terimakasih atas kunjungan Anda silahkan tinggalkan komentar.sudah ada 2 komentar: di postingan Oranges are structured objects...
 

2 Responses:

Jackie said... | August 4, 2011 at 8:49 AM

That should be your paper, right there. LOL. Like I always say, you should do Creative Writing.. you're funny. :)

Kay L. said... | August 5, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Thanks Jackie. Creative Writing and writing in general is always a favourite hobby of mine, but I don't think I'd do so well in that field if I decided to pursue it as a career. Too much criticism in this world to make it worth the keystrokes. :D